Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:43:51 +0200
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: AMD GCN ISA development

Hello!

My name is Daniel Bali and I started a thread earlier about GPU support for
JtR under Windows. I'm interested in working with Openwall during this
year's GSoC programme, but GPU support for Windows alone isn't a big enough
task for a GSoC project.

I started looking into AMD's GCN ISA architecture a couple of days ago, but
I still can't find much info about getting started with it and I have a
couple of questions. I found this:
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/development/AMD-IL

Which describes how to write AMD IL code, but I was wondering if this works
for GCN ISA. Does anybody have experience with this? (Or with GCN ISA
development in general?)

I also checked out HetPas:
http://realhet.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/hello-world/

I was able to run AMD IL code with it, but it gives me a BSOD when I try to
run the GCN_OpenCL_HelloWorld example. Maybe this is because my GPU is a
Radeon HD 7670M, but it is supposed to have the "Souther Islands" (=GCN)
architecture too. Did anybody manage to get this work for GCN ISA?

Thank you in advance,
Daniel Bali

Content of type "text/html" skipped