Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:24:45 +0200
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GPU support under Windows

Hello!

My name is Daniel Bali and I'm interested in applying to Openwall for this
year's GSoC. After talking to Solar Designer about this he suggested
several things for me to work on/look into. One of these is GPU support
under Windows for John the Ripper's bleeding-jumbo version.

I cloned the repository from GitHub and managed to compile under Windows
with Cygwin. Then I procceeded to create a makefile rule called
"win32-cygwin-x86-opencl" where I tried to add the required flags for
OpenCL. Unfortunately this failed when trying to link the object files
together into john.exe. Here is the error I get:

http://pastebin.com/AK8PjjCx

And here is my "mock up" makefile rule, I hope I didn't do anything stupid
here:

http://pastebin.com/MvUStaFF

Basically I looked at other opencl rules and copied things. I had to change
$(OCLROOT) so it's enclosed between apostrophes, so the space in the
default AMDAPPSDKROOT enviroment variable doesn't cause an error.

Could anybody help me with the error message I get? I tried to look into
the common_opencl.o file with IDA pro but I can't find anything weird in
the .rdata section.

Thank you,
Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped