Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:51:03 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Got all dyna formats (except $1$ and $apr1$) working with OMP

I have posted a 6000+ line patch to magnum.  I was able to get gains better
than what I hoped for dyna.  I have almost all issues worked out.

The current set of issues:

type 27/28 fail under OMP (the OMP actually 'skips' doing any work)

The SHA1 formats have been removed from SSE OMP builds. These current switch
in and out of SSE2/flat mode, and that is not able to be used for OMP.

A couple other formats also are not in SSE2 OMP builds (12/13 I think).
These also switch back and forth from SSE2/flat.

Once this patch gets into bleeding, I will address a few small nits.  First
will be to remove dyna 27/28 from OMP builds, to avoid the failure messages.
Then I will try to rework 12/13 (should be a simple script change).  And
then I will target SHA1 under SSE2-OMP.  Finally, I will look at 27/28 under
OMP.

Once dyna OMP is up, please test it.  Like I said, it worked fine for me.
But there may still be issues. I would almost assure people that there will
be serious problems, doing an OMP build on a BE system.

Jim.

From: jfoug Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:42

(Warning, long email)

-_-  The cliff's notes are: I have been working on OMP in dyna, and have
made some good progress.

clip....

Content of type "text/html" skipped