Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:42:00 -0700
From: Jeremi Gosney <epixoip@...dshell.nl>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [patch] sse/xop implementation of raw-sha256

On 4/9/2013 11:29 AM, magnum wrote:
> On 9 Apr, 2013, at 19:00 , Jeremi Gosney <epixoip@...dshell.nl> wrote:
>> I was surprised to learn there was no SIMD implementation of SHA2 in
>> JTR, so I wrote one. I've completed SHA256, and have attached a patch
>> for it. I will begin work on SHA512 shortly.
> Cool, thanks! Committed now.

Excellent, thanks!

So, I mentioned in my last post that I was unsatisifed with the way I
was loading plaintext candidates. I've attached a new patch that uses
SSE4.1 (if available) for more efficient loading. I am much more
satisfied with this, and it's good for another ~ 1 MH/s. I also did some
minor cleanup, and removed the __GNUC__ check per Solar's guidance.

View attachment "rawSHA256_ng_fmt_plug-2.diff" of type "text/plain" (6651 bytes)