Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 01:05:06 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building unstable jumbo failed

On 22 Mar, 2013, at 18:16 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 Mar, 2013, at 16:59 , "jfoug" <jfoug@....net> wrote:
>> Note, wpapcap2john is NOT a PCAP build.  SIPdump and vncpcap2john are.  Both
>> of those other 2 projects fail on my cygwin.  There is NO lib dependancies
>> within the wpapcap2john. I wrote all code, it does not use any optional lib,
>> like pcap.
>>
>> It should be put under the PROJ (and winproj, etc).
>
> Oh, I was a bit too quick with that. I'll move it. But then it should ideally be a symlink to john like the others.

Fixed now. Some stuff is still missing from PROJ_DOS, PROJ_WIN32 and PROJ_WIN32_MINGW - you are probably in a better position to fix this (or drop them, like you suggested).

Also, I did not make it a symlink to john. I could work that out fur sure but to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what would be the benefit of that unless you are running off a floppy disk the size of a frisbee. At least in the case of Jumbo (with lots of 'em), I think it just polutes john.c. If I'm being ignorant, please educate me!

magnum