Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 04:49:03 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building unstable jumbo failed

On 21 Mar, 2013, at 2:51 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 02:32:06AM +0100, magnum wrote:
>> To ease on the requirement for g++, we could drop gpg2john from the general targets so you'd have to "make gpg2john" to build it separately. That is how we treat things that require pcap, I think (if not, I guess we should).
>> Or perhaps even try to build all of those automatically, but only after finishing John. That way if you lack g++, gpg2john would fail but you'd end up having John.
>
> Yes, I think we should list the target binaries in order of increasing
> number of prerequisites.

I tried this. Unstable is less stable for a few days. Now all xx2john tools are built by deafult, provided you have pcap and c++. Enabling more warnings made these pop up now:

uaf2john.c: In function 'uaf_extract_from_raw':
uaf2john.c:173:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
wpapcap2john.h: In function 'swap64u':
wpapcap2john.h:125:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
wpapcap2john.h:129:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
wpapcap2john.c: In function 'Handle4Way':
wpapcap2john.c:182:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
wpapcap2john.c:182:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

magnum