Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:48:30 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: All *2john programs should use basename of filename
 when put as ?login? field

2013/3/17 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> Lukas -
>
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:54:55PM +0100, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
>> char *get_basename(const char *path, const char *extensions[], int count)
>> {
>>         assert(path);
>>         assert(*path);
>>
>>         static char retmem[64];
>
> I did not seriously review this function, but you're mixing statements
> and declarations here, which we had decided not to do in JtR yet (for
> portability to older C compilers).

Thanks for pointing this out, as also magnum suggested I'll remove
those asserts.

> As to having a function like this in misc.c in jumbo, I'm fine with that.

Now I am not really sure about misc.c.
We might need get_basename() in .c and .cpp files.
misc.c would be ok for C files but compiling it for C and CPP it makes a mess.
Now we have only 2cpp files I could live with copies of this function there.

Lukas