Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:55:51 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Work needed before Jumbo-8

2013/3/5 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
> We need someone to fix gpg2john (c++ != magnum) so it can process multiple infiles and more importantly, it must process all keys in each input file. The latter is a must IMO - at least it must emit a warning that more keys are present. Any volunteer?

I am still working on that. This format is not well documented, or at
least I couldn't find anything much usefull.
There is rfc4880 but it is too general.
I found export function in gnupg-2.10 it is located at
g10/export.c:do_export_stream.

Processing multiple infiles is easy to do.
At the moment I do not know how to check if there are more keys in
file, or extract them. Current code process just the beginning of file
and do not care what is after first key.
We will have to add proper handling of non existing files (currently
"Exception while parsing key: Premature end of data stream" is
displayed which is more confusing than just "File does not exist") and
modify Makefile to build gpg2john automatically.

Lukas