Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 23:05:57 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Work needed before Jumbo-8

Folks,

We need someone to fix gpg2john (c++ != magnum) so it can process multiple infiles and more importantly, it must process all keys in each input file. The latter is a must IMO - at least it must emit a warning that more keys are present. Any volunteer?

We should also add multiple file support for putty2john, truecrypt_volume2john and uaf2john but that doesn't really block a Jumbo release. All others seem to support multiple inputs.

BTW I just changed uaf2john so it can not write to an outfile, only to stdout. I think that was a blocker for several reasons. I also added multiple file support for wpapcap2john and changed zip2john so it outputs basename(filename) to the login field instead of full path. This is important for not producing billions of useless Single mode candidates from the crack rig's path components. The full pathname was added in 8th field, out of reach for Single. Will commit after testing.

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/to-do-list-for-1.7.9-jumbo-8

magnum