Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:52:43 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: New feature

I have committed some new functionality, mainly for testing but pretty convenient for some other things too: Since some time we have been able to do "john --test -fo:dynamic" and we'd get a test of all dynamic formats. From now on we have some new similar alternatives: --format=cpu, gpu, opencl, cuda and we can even take a trailing wildcard as in --format=pwsafe*

I committed this to unstable too, mostly because it means you can run a full (but cpu only) --test with a GPU build, using --format=cpu.

Other examples:

john --test --format=wpapsk*

john --list=format-details --format=cuda

john --list=format-all-details --format=pwsafe*

On a side note, the output from the last example shows that the GPU versions of pwsafe do not use binaries, while the CPU version does. Maybe it's not that important for such a format.

magnum