Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:54:19 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Compile Error in Latest Unstable Jumbo

As a test, I am trying to compile the latest unstable jumbo version with static openssl libraries.  I get the following compile error:

duplicate symbol _MD5_Init in:
    md5.o
    ./libcrypto.a(md5_dgst.o)
duplicate symbol _MD5_Final in:
    md5.o
    ./libcrypto.a(md5_dgst.o)
duplicate symbol _MD5_Update in:
    md5.o
    ./libcrypto.a(md5_dgst.o)
ld: 3 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64

This does not happen with the default MacOS openssl libs, so not sure what is happening.  If I comment out those functions in md5.c, then the compile completes and application runs fine.

Erik