Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:10:43 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Do you have this hardware and a few minutes?

On 9 Feb, 2013, at 5:51 , Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:
> I've my 4890 lying around but I'm unable to use it alongside 7970. Even though I have configured my driver to detect both the cards , but AMD OpenCL won't recognize them simultaneously.  I posted this issue on amd forums but I didn't get a complete solution.
> http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1284901#1284901

I helped someone set up a machine with two cards for GPGPU, running Linux. There was no chance of getting the second GPU to work (the one without a physical monitor attached) until we made a loopback plug, fooling it into thinking there is a monitor. Maybe this has something to do with it?

http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

After that, it was just "aticonfig --adapter=all --initial" and everything worked fine.

magnum
Content of type "text/html" skipped