Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 20:33:15 +0000
From: shane Shane <shane@...twareontheside.info>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: python *2john scripts

So I did a little testing with the activestate python. I couldn't reproduce
the the odf2john bug but I'll try with the proper version of python later
and in the pdf2john the activestate python seems to return -1 from a find
string method where other version's of python find the matching string and
return the position it's a really odd bug but I'm not sure how much we have
to worry about active python since it's not the version blessed by the
python foundation and I can't look at the source to see what it's doing
differently.

Regards,
Shane

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM, shane Shane
> <shane@...twareontheside.info> wrote:
> > I've never tested the pdf2python script on windows but I'd assume it
> passes
> > on the cygwin version & not the activestate one because the cygwin
> version
> > would be much more like the versions on mac & linux. I'll have a look at
> it
> > tonight. Is the odf2john.py a bug in both cygwin & activestate?
> Yes the odf2john.py gives the same error in both cygwin and
> activestate's for me.
> I'll try to test more of these 2john.py scripts if I have the time and
> resources (probably from the wiki).
> -rich

Content of type "text/html" skipped