Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:46:34 +0000
From: shane Shane <shane@...twareontheside.info>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: python *2john scripts

I've never tested the pdf2python script on windows but I'd assume it passes
on the cygwin version & not the activestate one because the cygwin version
would be much more like the versions on mac & linux. I'll have a look at it
tonight. Is the odf2john.py a bug in both cygwin & activestate?

Regards,
Shane Quigley

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:

> I've just tried both bleeding and the jumbo-7, and I get the following
> error on odt2john.py
>
> I'm using python 2.6
>
> $ python odf2john.py Libre-Default_myhovercraftisfullofeels_.odt
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "odf2john.py", line 104, in <module>
>     process_file(sys.argv[i])
>   File "odf2john.py", line 32, in process_file
>     elements = list(r.iter())
> AttributeError: _ElementInterface instance has no attribute 'iter'
>
> I've used Cygwin's python and ActiveStates's with the same results for ODF.
>
> For pdf2john I'm not sure why my cygwin python works but my
> activestate one gives this error (separate machines btw):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pdf2john.py", line 162, in <module>
>     parser.parse()
>   File "pdf2john.py", line 18, in parse
>     trailer = self.get_trailer()
>   File "pdf2john.py", line 108, in get_trailer
>     raise "Can't find trailer"
> TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from
> BaseException, not str
>
> Office2John.py works for me against the samples from the wiki:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/sample-non-hashes
> -rich

Content of type "text/html" skipped