Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 22:31:51 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL problems

What happens without that show_usage cludge? Does it fail to give proper usage output? Ah no, I think I see now: this way it wont even list the formats unless we have a proper device, right?

I think we should think about this before doing too much. Maybe we should list the formats anyway. Or maybe not. Argh.

The simplest might be to drop this idea and just do like unstable: As long as you don't use an OpenCL format, it's fine not having any working platform and/or device. Only when you do, you'll get a device/platform error.

magnum