Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:29:07 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: salt_hash // Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein

Another candidate to create a commonly used function to common.h (adding
a parameter for SALT_SIZE), and reuse it? Or should it be moved
somewhere else?

$ git grep -A 1 Bernstein|grep -v -- --
cryptsha256_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
cryptsha256_fmt_plug.c-// We are hashing the entire struct
cryptsha512_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
cryptsha512_fmt_plug.c-// We are hashing the entire struct
dragonfly3_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
dragonfly3_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
dragonfly4_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
dragonfly4_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
mscash1_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein (salt
is a username)
mscash1_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
mscash2_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein (salt
is a username)
mscash2_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
opencl_cryptsha256_fmt.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
opencl_cryptsha256_fmt.c-// We are hashing almost the entire struct
opencl_cryptsha512_fmt.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
opencl_cryptsha512_fmt.c-// We are hashing almost the entire struct
opencl_xsha512-ng_fmt.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
opencl_xsha512-ng_fmt.c-// We are hashing almost the entire struct
oracle_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein (salt
is a username)
oracle_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
sapB_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
sapB_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
sapG_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
sapG_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)
unused/mscash2_fmt_plug.c:// Public domain hash function by DJ Bernstein
(salt is a username)
unused/mscash2_fmt_plug.c-static int salt_hash(void *salt)

I guess this is stuff that can wait until the next jumbo version is
released.

Frank