Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:21:45 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mschapv2-bitsliced conversion- openmp support

On 23 Jul, 2012, at 11:23 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> Hi Deepika,
>
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 02:42:30AM +0530, deepika wrote:
>> I have added support for openmp in mschapv2. The patch is attached.
>
> This is very nice, thank you!
>
> Unfortunately, we have too many other things to take care of now, so I
> don't expect to approach "processing" your contribution soon.  But we'll
> get to it eventually (some time after -jumbo-7 and CMIYK 2012).
>
> Alexander

Solar,

I feel bad about not getting Deepika's work included in Jumbo. It's a very skilled contribution compared to to the trivial OpenSSL-powered formats that we are used to. Leaving it in limbo discourages future contributions - from her and from others.

Besides that, it appears to give 2x on single salt and 10x on multiple salts.

I understand it's not trivial though. I am not quite sure what needs to be done to actually add it to Jumbo. Apparently it only builds using generic. Is there anything I can do, or anything we could ask Deepika to do, to help this forward?

magnum