Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:00:22 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Markov stats file as a command-line option

On 01/16/2013 02:49 AM, magnum wrote:
> On 16 Jan, 2013, at 2:16 , Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com> wrote:
>> Based on this logic, you would have to add
>> --incremental=... --chr-file= or something similar as well.
>
> Well if someone really wants it I would not mind including that too as a hidden option.

May be this is indeed a good idea.
Given that both --incremental and --markov respect --min-length and
--max-length, you could almost fully control internal mode via command line.

To completely control --incremental via command line, you would need to
extend the syntax to allow values for CharCount=95 and Extra=!@#$%, e.g.

--inc=my_test:95:"!@#$%" --chr-file=my.chr --min-length=5 --max-length=8

--inc=my_test:95 would lust specify CharCount, and skip the optional
Extra value.

--inc=my_test:0:"!@#$%" would allow specifying Extra and using the
default CharCount (from the .chr file).

I guess if we implement this, it will be after jumbo-8.

Frank