Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 22:10:09 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: mscash2-opencl

Sayantan,

Two problems with mscash2-opencl:

First, as you don't seem interested in making mscash2-opencl auto-tune to weak devices, I need to lower the default crypt-per-keys figures for it. I wanted to set it to 16384 but it just fails. According to the comments in the bottom of the file, it should be a multiple of 8192 but I don't seem to be able to use anything lower than 65536. Why is that?

Second, my silly Apple OpenCL platform can't use any other local worksize than 1 for CPU. I tried to add a bodge with #ifdef __APPLE__ at line 119 of common_opencl_pbkdf2.c but it still ends up at 8 and errors out. Where does that 8 come from?

magnum