Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 00:59:22 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Opencl build from binary

On 22 Dec, 2012, at 5:49 , Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:
> Yes it would be a nice idea to support --devices = 1,2,3...., but I think we should internally map the device numbers to corresponding pairs of platform_number and device_number inside common-opencl.c .

Yes, we'd have to. I think we should make more use of structs. Given "device" (an int) maybe we should be able to get/set/use device.oclPlatform and device.oclDevice, and also device.oclQueue, device.startEvent and so on. And maybe device.next, which would point to the next device in the list? I'm not sure, I'm just thinking out loud.

magnum