Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:42:02 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: minor optimisation in raw-sha1-ng

On 12 Dec, 2012, at 0:31 , Tavis Ormandy <taviso@...xchg8b.com> wrote:
> I had read the slides, but it hadn't occurred to me that the same
> trick might apply to W[4..11], which are always fixed in raw-sha1-ng.

In your case they are not only fixed, but also always zero. Maybe this makes for even more possible optimisations? Although it will be optimisations of the outer loop.

We do some always-zero-optimisations (but to much less extent than Atom's findings) in some OpenCL kernels, for example office2007 (in "SHA1_SHORT"). I assume you already do something similar.

magnum