Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:37:11 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: enable ASLR or/and DEP for Windows builds of JtR

> and -Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat to MinGW targets.
Does MinGW build work? I'll have to try it again and report back,
along with the flags.
> Anyone ready to try that?  (Then see if the flags are actually set, or
> better yet if ASLR or/and DEP actually work when the program is run.)
I'll see what PeStudio sees on current builds. In the mean time if
anyone wants to protect their exe's they can use the ASLR/DEP opt-in
program from Microsoft called EMET
http://blogs.technet.com/b/srd/archive/2012/05/15/introducing-emet-v3.aspx
version 3 is currently out.
-rich