Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 23:41:05 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

Hi Alexander ,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

I'm sorry I have no time to seriously look into this sub-project lately.

Its OK. Take a look when you have time.

Great.  Does this no longer cause a slowdown?

No, it doesn't. However it causes only a little speedup.

> I think it's premature.  In fact, I think that several of your recent
> optimizations were premature (I'm sorry I did not have time to comment).
> What use is speeding it up by a few percent when it's like 10x slower
> than expected?

As a point of reference, what should be our targeted non-overhead speed?
For instance, Hashcat does 83.4M c/s in traditional-des.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped