Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:06:09 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPL license is not free at all

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru> wrote:
>> I don't think it falls under the "system library" case as mentioned in GPL
>> FAQ.
>
> What do you mean?
I think this applies, and allow "us" to continue the work without
major overhaul, it's up to the authors (magnum,solar, etc...) to
decide, but these are the exceptions I've read and see mentioned (like
in the wikipedia article).
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesCompatMean
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs
(Still confusing to me, but I think it's saying you can change the
license slightly and allow the exception of a non-free library).
-rich