Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:03:51 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-7

What you write is true in general, but the bug in question was not about that: The SHA_BUF_SIZ I'm talking about only exist in JtR's own sse-intrinsics.c code. It's set to 80 for Simon's original 80x4 buffer SSE2 SHA-1, and 16 for your later 16x4 code that use buffers similar to MD4 and MD5 (except for endianness). Your code is faster on every platform I have tried except OSX w/ llvm. So I modifed x86-64.h to use 80 for these builds - and that triggered the bug!

magnum