Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:18:28 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Office >=2007 formats

Dhiru & all,

While messing around with the upcoming Office 2010 OpenCL kernel, I found a way to double the speed of both 2010 and 2013 formats: They currently do the SHA iterations twice but that is not necessary! I'll commit that soon.

More important, I have come to the conclusion it gets far too messy and inefficient unless I split the OpenCL Office format into three separate ones: office2007-opencl, office2010-opencl and office2013-opencl. While I'm fine with you keeping them in one CPU format, you might want to consider splitting that one too into three separate ones. There are pros and cons.

magnum