Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 07:36:08 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: oldoffice

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> Both 40-bit and 128-bit RC4 encryption algorithms are supported. The
> code to do so is simple,
>
> if(cur_salt->type == 4) /* 128-bit RC4 */
>      memcpy(dek, Hfinal, 16);
> else /* 40-bit RC4 */
>      memcpy(dek, Hfinal, 5);
>
> If you find an Office <= 2003 file which is not currently supported,
> let me know.
I haven't tried yet, but all of these are supported?

RC4 Microsoft Base Cryptographic Provider 1.0 (default)
RC4 Microsoft Base DSS and Diffle-Hellman Cryptographic Provider
RC4 Microsoft DH Schannel Cryptographic Provider
RC4 Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider 1.0
RC4 Microsoft Enhanced DSS and Diffle-Hellman Cryptographic Provider
RC4 Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider(Prototype)
RC4 Microsoft RSA Schannel Cryptographic Provider
RC4 Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider

There are examples of each (I think) in the sample file.
-rich