Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:54:13 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL implementation of GPG format

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:
>> I have written an OpenCL implementation of GPG format. Currently, the
>> speedup is very low (9x). The compiler complains about register
>> spilling. According to http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2039822
>> speedups upto 100x can be achieved.
>
> I haven't read this document, did they specified what cpu-threads/gpu
> they used to measure 100x speedup?
> You can take celeron 300mhz and compare it to 8 gpus and then claim
> 1000x speedup.

The document is pay-walled :-(. I have asked the authors (sent
multiple emails) for a copy of the paper and source code but no luck.

However, GPG secret key cracking is described in the thesis document
of one of the authors (no mention of any public source code however).
Link : http://phd.di.uniroma1.it/thesis/bisson.pdf (contains lot of
details about GPG cracking)

--
Cheers,