Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:27:06 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL implementation of GPG format

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> I have written an OpenCL implementation of GPG format. Currently, the
> speedup is very low (9x). The compiler complains about register
> spilling. According to http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2039822
> speedups upto 100x can be achieved.
>
> Can someone on the list take a look and try to troubleshoot the
> performance issues? Thanks!

How do you guys run sprofile on john's OpenCL kernels? I tried running
it but got following error,

✗ sprofile -w . ../run/john -fo:zip-opencl -t --device=cpu
Using default output file.
AMD APP Profiler V2.5.1804 is Enabled
AMD APP Profiler V2.5.1804 is Enabled
OpenCL platform 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, 2 device(s).
Using device 0: Cayman
OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_VALUE) in file (common-opencl.c) at line (93)
- (Error creating context)

--
Cheers,
Dhiru