Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:13:28 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo 7

Em 11-08-2012 23:58, magnum escreveu:
>>> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
>>> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 460
>>> Building the kernel, this could take a while
>>> ./jtr_bencher.sh: line 6: 27532 Segmentation fault      $dir/john -test -fo=$fmt
> I believe the above was sha512crypt-opencl. Segfault while building?
It is possible on NVIDIA software (but i expect it to work fine on
new|recent|updated drivers). On poor AMD hardware the compilation
process sometimes takes minutes (usually the first time). This (the
compilation big times), i tested, but if Lukas has some free time, i
would like to hear from him (e.g., put an exit(0) in the right place).

There is an easy test to verify if something related to drivers or
optimizations has a bad behavior. If Lukas can try this:
export _TYPE=0 \\ "_TYPE")
(run John, the way you want).

This is easy to try, hurts performance but may "works" on "any" hardware.

Thanks for testing.

>>> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
>>> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 460
>>> Local work size (LWS) 256, Global work size (GWS) 4194304
>>> Benchmarking: Netscape LDAP salted SHA-1 [OpenCL]... FAILED (get_hash[0](0))
>>> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
>>> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 460
>>> Local work size (LWS) 128, Global work size (GWS) 524288
>>> Benchmarking: Mac OS X 10.7+ salted SHA-512 [OpenCL]... FAILED (get_hash[0](0))
>
> BTW, I tried pegging EncFS LWS at 32, and it works - but it takes a long
> time:
>
> magnum@...l:src [magnum-jumbo]$ time ../run/john -t -fo:encfs-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> Benchmarking: EncFS PBKDF2 AES / Blowfish [OpenCL]... DONE
> Raw:    348 c/s real, 348 c/s virtual
>
> real    11m25.636s
> user    5m32.137s
> sys     5m53.206s