Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:33:33 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bf-opencl fails self-test on CPU

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:28:05PM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> With Intel SDK bf-opencl passed the self test on i5 2500k with 1450c/s .
> However it fails with AMD SDK on same machine. Probably its not a very good
> idea but still I was wondering if we could we use the Intel SDK for AMD
> cpu's too.

We can, but my point was that there could be a bug somewhere in our
bf-opencl code that only shows up on some builds - if so, we'd want to
find and fix the bug even if it's of little practical relevance
currently.  Indeed, it is also possible that the bug is actually in
AMD's SDK.  We just don't know.

Alexander