Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:44:23 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Cracking OpenPGP / GnuPG private key files with JtR

Hi,

I have added support for cracking OpenPGP / GnuPG private key files to
JtR. The code is committed to magnum-jumbo repository.

Usage:

1. Get and compile gpg2john from
https://github.com/halfie/gpg2john.git (This code will be integrated
with john at some point)

2. Run gpg2john on PGP private key file(s).

3. Run john on the output of gpg2john.

Benchmark:

$ ../run/john -fo:gpg -t
Benchmarking: OpenPGP / GnuPG Secret Key [32/64]... (3xOMP) DONE
Many salts:	190 c/s real, 65.8 c/s virtual
Only one salt:	119 c/s real, 39.9 c/s virtual

Currently, I don't know why "Many salts" case is faster.

Lukas,

The key derivation function(s) seems to be simple. If you have some
time, can you look into OpenCL implementation of this format?

magnum,

This stuff is not tested heavily and hence might not be a candidate
for jumbo-7. Your call :-)

TODO: Add support for RIPEMD and SHA2 hashes.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru