Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 05:45:37 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: DES_BS_ASM in DES_bs_b.c

Hi Sayantan,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 10:52:17AM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> When do we have the value of DES_BS_ASM equals to zero?

You can easily find this out by grepping the .h files for different archs.

In plain English, most build targets result in DES_BS_ASM being 0, but
many if not most of the actually running builds have it at 1 - since we
have asm code for the most common archs (x86 with MMX or SSE2, and
x86-64), except when building with OpenMP support (since the asm code is
currently not MT-safe).

> I see that none of
> the functions except DES_bs_set_salt() in file DES_bs_b.c gets compiled as
> the value of DES_BS_ASM is equal to one.

That's correct.

Alexander