Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:52:00 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's daily status report #6

On 08/11/2012 08:28 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> Done
>
> - minor fixes (added menus, updated copyright)
> - tarball

I did not yet test the tarball, but I pulled your latest changes.

$ make > /dev/null
mainwindow.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not a valid widget.
mainwindow.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not a valid widget.
mainwindow.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: 'verticalSpacer_4' is not a
valid widget.

I think I've seen these warnings before. Currently, I'm not worried
about these, so no need for you to try fixing them during GSoC.

When I start johnny on the command line, I get this output in the terminal:

 $ ./johnny
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
on_pushButton_clicked()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
on_pushButton_JohnStatus_clicked()

I think I've also seen those before, or was it just one of them?.

Googling for

QMetaObject "No matching signal for on_pushButton_clicked"

shows some results, but I am not familiar enough with Qt to judge how
helpful they are.

Does this need to be fixed? Not sure. Is this easy to fix? If not,
ignore it for now, and work on the other tasks.

Frank