Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:12:16 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bf-opencl fails self-test on CPU

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Sayantan -
>
> Any idea why bf-opencl fails self-test on CPU (with AMD's SDK)?  Will it
> succeed with some other settings in opencl_bf_std.h maybe?
>
> Alexander

I guess it is due to the lack of LDS on CPU.  I'm not sure though but I'll
find out. Also is it necessary to run the bf-opencl on CPU? We might need a
little modified kernel for that.

Here's one out of topic question:
In an sse2(with omp) build the non-opencl cpu version of bf scores around
5300 c/s on fx 8120 . However I found that using the same build on i5 2500k
,the cpu version benches at around 3300 c/s. Does that mean bulldozer is
really that much better than SB in this test ?

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped