Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:09:24 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: SRP

This protocol is trivially explained in
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xypw2/blizzard_security_update/c5qx7
70

Piece of cake to implement.  The bottleneck will be in the GMP expmod
speeds.  But with N being only 256 bits, the expmod is very fast (but much
slower than SHA1).  I used to do a lot of work with GMP (and some other fast
exponentators), when I was coding on OpenPFGW.  For 256 bit size, and N
being a 'non-special' number, GMP is about as fast it gets, for general
purpose.

Any chance of finding the leaked s, u, v data, to know if a format would be
working properly?

Jim.