Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:39:44 -0400
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@...dmark.org>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Agilekeychain c/s oddly not dependent on PBKDFD2 iterations

It got fixed.  john had been using 1000 iterations irrespective of what was specified in agilekeychain. The discussion didn't make it to the list because (I think) a message I sent with an attachment didn't get posted. (Attachement was a sample with password on wordlist and more than 1000 iterations)

Dhiru's assumption that keychains were always created with 1000 iterations was a reasonable mistake given our documentation and that he was working from the Windows version.

Cheers,

-j

Sent from my iPad