Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 04:32:32 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: md5crypt naming conventions Zoo

Alexander, all:
This msg is not be super important, but I am confused, and probably
users will be too.
1) User might expect that all that format having X-cuda or X-opencl
suffixes are some versions od X format
2) Currently we have "md5" format for  FreeBSD MD5 and md5crypt-cuda
and md5crypt-opencl format names for the same.
Shouldn't we change it to md5-cuda, or change cpu format to md5crypt
(it might be worth admitting that Korelogic used "md5" name in last
contest)?
In my opinion this is a bit messy and I am going to change file names
(currently cryptmd5* - naming Zoo), once again and do not want to do
it again later when we realize this problem.

Some of this mess is mine, and I want to get rid of it.
Lukas