Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:21:33 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's status report #13

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:50:27AM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 07/26/2012 09:58 AM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> >> Also, --dupes-suppression is not really "cosmetic".
> >> If you start with dupes suppression switched off, and restore with dupes
> >> suppression switvhed on, you'll miss come words.
> >
> > I guess you could not restore attack so, could you?
>
> OK, so al long as the attack is restored on the same client, we
> shouldn't have problems.
> If a user changes the dupes suppression, he usually knows (or should
> know) about the impact.

I think user could not change the dupe suppression. This option is
stored in .rec file so when user restores session from .rec file he
gets it back. When user do not put this option at the start .rec file
do not have it inside and user could not pass it additionally. So if
we do not modify .rec we could not add/remove options.

If we'd like to restore session and add/remove options modifying .rec
file then the dupe suppression would be a problem. But that is a bad
idea in any case.

Thanks!

--
Regards,