Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 02:57:22 +0400
From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mscash2 / hmac-md5 ambiguity

One solution is to add to hmac-md5 hashes some prefix like $HMAC-MD5$ or
{HMAC-MD5}. BTW why there is none now?
(And stop accepting old form.)

Another solution is to change canonical representation for mscash2 in
such a way that it's not accepted as other types. (Old form could still
be accepted -- it doesn't hurt if we can just use new form.)

--
Alexander Cherepanov