Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:26:25 +0300
From: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Result of hard core password generation on 7970

Hm, I've never looked in details at how other crackers do the plaintext
generation part. Looks like my approach is not quite conventional, I don't
use local memory, instead I have a precalculated table in global memory and
my kernels have 2-dimensional ndrange with the latest changes. It's funny
how everyone solves this on his own, I wish all the crackers were
opensource so that we can compare.

I completely agree that bitmaps on GPU are inavoidable.

Content of type "text/html" skipped