Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:02:57 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Some more external mode definitions

On 2012-07-23 19:55, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 07:32 PM, magnum wrote:
>> On 2012-07-23 18:10, Frank Dittrich wrote:
>>> I know I don't push into your repository. and this was a trivial change
>>> anyway. But generally, I'd prefer comments and suggestions prior to
>>> changes being published in your repository and pulled by others.
>>> May be I shouldn't care about that.
>>
>> For core changes like this, I agree.
>
> Too bad. I was just preparing a patch to silently push support for
> --external=MODE[:variable_1:variable_2:...:variable_n]  into
> magnum-jumbo, to allow passing command line parameters into external modes.

What has blocked me from even trying was that I could not think of a
good syntax. My idea was to have **argv and argc available within
external, just as in C. But how do we set them from command line? Maybe
it doesn't have to be more complicated than what you write above. Though
I'd prefer commas instead of colons.

magnum