Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:50:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: TrueCrypt format

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 03:12:05PM +0530, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> Patch attached to fix the build on older versions of OpenSSL. Not
> tested heavily.

This piece looks wrong:

 #if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x10000000
 extern struct fmt_main fmt_django;
+#endif
+#if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x10001000
+extern struct fmt_main fmt_django;
 extern struct fmt_main fmt_truecrypt;

You have two instances of "extern struct fmt_main fmt_django;" when
"OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x10001000".

And while I am at it, I noticed that the format provides its own dummy
binary_hash() and get_hash() functions.  This is wrong.  If it wants to
provide dummies, it _must_ use the default ones provided by formats.c.
loader.c checks for these (yes, it compares function points) and does
not allocate hash tables of the corresponding sizes if so.  With custom
dummy functions, it'd allocate hash tables, which would be mostly unused.

Alexander