Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:38:33 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RFC: add more information to --list=build-info output?

On 2012-07-22 22:44, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 07/22/2012 10:31 PM, magnum wrote:
>> On 2012-07-20 08:52, Frank Dittrich wrote:
>>> (Who is going to apply the patches? Do we have to wait for magnum?)
>>
>> Not if you start producing pull requests instead...
>>
>> I'm soon committing your patches.
> If there are any merge conflicts due to changes others did, please don't
> bother to clean up, just revert, and let me take care.
>
> Frank

The problem lies in finding all patches in a weeks worth of list mail,
identifying which was not already committed by someone else, verifying
that there are no newer versions of same patch and applying them in the
right order and right branches. You are wasting a lot of my time. I
loved the external maxlen patch though, that made it worth it. It went
to magnum-jumbo, most others to -fixes. Please verify that I did not
miss any patch or screwed up in some other way.

magnum