Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:01:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas status report #12

Lukas -

No status reports from you since July 12? :-(

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 02:16:54AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> THIS WEEK:
> -created small fix for wpapsk valid proposed by Alexander, (tested on
> my pc, need to test on bull and create patch)

OK.  We're discussing this separately.

> -recreated patch for raw-sha256-cuda format from old samples from my
> hdd (2-3x speedup, tested and commited)

Good.

> -did some optimizations of md5crypt-cuda (755->877k c/s on bull, I
> would like to achieve 1M, hashcat - 1.1M, current code is not ready
> for deployment)

This is reasonable, although good speed on AMD cards is more important
for this hash type.  Any progress since your report?  And progress with
optimizing the OpenCL code as well?

> -fixed phpass-opencl vectorized code (tested on my pc, need to test on
> bull and create patch)

Sounds good, but no progress since July 12 it seems?

> -filled midterm eval form
> NEXT WEEK:
> -because of upcoming contest I want to focus on optimization of the
> following formats (in priority order):
> phpass-ocl,md5crypt-ocl,md5crypt-cuda

Agreed.

> -solve some problems with pwsafe-cuda format (Dhiru's second complaint)
> -investigate wpapsk cuda problem (issue mailed to me by user).

Can you document that issue on john-dev, please?

> P.S.
> Maybe something-ocl would be better name for formats than current
> something-opencl, at least it is shorter:)

I'd rather keep -opencl.

Thanks,

Alexander