Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:12:52 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Keychain format speedup on CPU.

Hi,

With the following commit Keychain format is now 2.4x faster on CPU
and scales almost linearly. However, Passware Kit Enterprise 11.7
achieves a speed of roughly 2,300 c/s whereas our plug-in achieves
1,513 c/s (thanks to Lukas).

commit 06444baa2742bd916a0c680b1f99d0fd61a7b158
Author: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 19 22:04:43 2012 +0530

Can we beat Passware? What are the possible optimization in Lukas
code? Can SSE acceleration be used (salt size is 20)? Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Dhiru