Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 12:42:17 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Git repo (was: john.bash_completion: improve comments)

On 2012-07-14 08:11, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 12:57 AM, magnum wrote:
>> Done. BTW even Jim is now committing directly...
>
> OK, I'll adapt as well.
> But sometimes I think it would be better to post patches to john-dev
> (not as attachments, but inlined, as on lkml, to let others look adn
> comment, so that a pull request is sent only after there was a chance
> for others to comment on the change intended to go into magnum-jumbo,
> bleeding-jumbo, or somewhere else.

I agree. Dhiru and Jim pushes directly to "my" repo, the others use to
make pull requests. Eventually I will ask everyone to use private
branches and produce pull requests.

Actually I would prefer doing the same myself, with someone else as the
boss of an official repo. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon, if
at all.

> And my abe we all should also use Signed-off-by.

Maybe. We need to decide of it's meaning. It's only meaningful when
committing other's patches.

magnum