Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:02:04 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Aleksey's status report #10

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 03:49:19PM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:54:10PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> > On 07/13/2012 11:19 AM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > > Frank, please, look onto the script.
> > Do we need to parse the end of the log file to see if the session
> > completed or if it has been aborted?
>
> I did not know how to distinguish finished session from just stuck.
> But there is log. And session file disappears. Both ways does not seem
> to be hard. I'd like to use both together.

But we could not distinguish stuck (very slow) attack and
crashed/disconnected/blacked-out client using files from john.
Hopefully daemon calls john --status. Its output contains time. I.e.
this file is updated always if client is online. So server daemon
should mark attacks without such updates as aborted.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov