Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 07:23:01 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: raw-sha256-cuda

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 05:11:15AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> I made some changes in this format. It is now 2-3 times faster but it
> is still far from what we need.
> I didn't want to spend much time on this format because I've got
> higher prioritized tasks.

This sounds right.

> I limited PLAINTEXT_LENGTH to 19 chars so on TS now it is getting 1476/1500.

Now that this passes TS, I guess we should remove the "unreliable" comment.

> Speed: 27M on GTX570  15M on GTX460 (PCIe 4x).

OK.  BTW, the GTX 570 in bull is currently on PCIe x8 (not x16), and
ditto for the 7970.  (It would be x16 if I installed only one card.)

> Of course these changes affects sha224 too, which is slightly faster.

Why is it slightly faster - are you transferring the entire computed
hashes back to host?

Thanks,

Alexander