Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 03:57:05 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lukas status report #11

THIS WEEK:
-I tried to do some optimizations to md5crypt but it appears that it
is harder than I primarily though. I've got some ideas, some of them
could be useful in other formats.
-I am still trying to make changes in memory access pattern in
md5crypt, I've introduced nasty bug to my code which is now fixed, but
it took me quite a lot of time to fix it.
If this will work as I think, we should get better performance and no
more "byte_addressable_store" problem in opencl formats.
When I'll have some real c/s results I'll share them on list.
NEXT WEEK:
Fix sporadic bug reported to me by Dhiru.
Code optimizations of *crypt formats.